Sunday, August 2, 2009

can all dogs swim?what about cats?


Answers:
Most dogs swim, but not all of them like water. Cats can swim when necessary, but if they don't have to, they'll avoid water. I had one cat that loved to join me in the tub and would sit on my chest just above the water line. If I sank just a little lower in the tub, he'd jump onto my head.
some dogs can swim. cats hate water.
That would be like saying that all humans can climb mountains.
Not all dogs can swim, some actually hate the water.
While most cats I know don't like water, I have had one that liked to swim and would jump in the tub every time I ran a bath if I left the bathroom door open.
no, not all dogs can swim. I had a standard poodle mix that loved water but could not swim. She would just splash around in one spot trying to climb onto the water, she never figured out that her legs were supposed to stay under the water not splash the surface.
My brother and I had to jump in and save her on more than one occasion.

1 comment:

  1. my english bulldog sinks, cant swim. needs a life jacket, seriously.

    ReplyDelete