Sunday, August 2, 2009

Can a great dane breed with a yorkie?

Just wondering? My aunt has a great dane/ yorkie from the HS and I was wondering if the breed mix can be true.
Answers:
yup, I'm betting the mother was a Dane the father was the Yorkie. My husband works with a guy who German Shepard is Pregant from a Dachsund!
Genetically it's possable,,, but I would sure hate to be the Yorkie
DEPENDS ON WHO THE MALE IS I GUESS.YOU SEEM TO BE AWFULLY INTERESTED IN BREEDING..
OTHER POSTS?!?
it depends if the yorkie is the female or male.
Not likely, don't try it, that's incredibly stupid and dangerous. The humane society probably fabricated the breed cross.
Can't picture it. The difference in the size of their genitalia would not allow it.
Yes
no
It can happen if the great dane is a female and the male is a yorkie. If the yorkie was the female the pups would be too large for her and she would explode.
Genetically possible, but doesn't mean it won't kill the dog
Possible only if the female is the great Dane. I had a chihuahua that bred a german shepherd once.
just wondering why youd want to do such a thing.

1 comment:

  1. It’s not fabricated and as a matter of fact people saying a female small dog impregnated by a male big dog is dangerous every time is a myth females have a growth inhibitor gene preventing the baby from getting to big and killing her.

    ReplyDelete