Sunday, August 2, 2009

can a dog have human xanax for anxiety?


Answers:
Ask your DVM about possibly prescribing a drug called hydroxyzine for your dog's anxiety.
maybe
Yes, if you're hoping for your dog to die.
no, but they can have benadryl. maybe it would make him sleepy.
No, It is not made for animals. If the dog needs medicine for a problem, take him to a vet and have him properly diagnosed and get proper medicine.
Never give an animal human pills, take it to the vet!
Absolutely NOT..Use Benadryl..if you need something right away. Go the vet..safest bet!
a lot of human medicatins can be dangerous for dogs. I know there are some sedatives for dogs and other antianxiety meds for dogs. To be sure ask the vet
Never give meds like this to dogs. Go to a vet and ask their advice about your concerns about your dog. Hope your dog feels better.
No. Xanax is not normally given to canines. However, low dose prozac is quite commonly prescribed for dogs with severe problems. Talk to your vet, and ask for a recommendation to the nearest medically licensed behaviorist if medication is the answer for your dog.
I would not give a dog Xanax unless a vet prescribes it. My vet prescribed Valium for my dog for anxiety but the dosage should be determined by a vet. It did help calm her down but made her confused so I stopped giving it to her. She was on a very low dose too.

1 comment:

  1. It works great.Im actually able to go out in public when I take a small dose.I get along w/others,I am patient,and calm.Without it I would still be cooped up in my house and avoiding others and yelling @ my man.This is a miracle xanax drug it saved my life.

    ReplyDelete