Sunday, August 2, 2009

can a dog catch a cold or the flu from us if we have it ?


Answers:
Science says that they can not, however my old vet said that when the flu was going around, he had a lot of puzzling cases of the same symptoms in dogs..
no
NO

Although my childhood physican swore that my Boston Terrier and I traded tonsilitis back and forth (he was joking.)
I wouldn't think so, but my sister's vet said her boxer caught the flu off her. The vet was a bit ditzy, though.

One of my cats and I woke up with hayfever the other morning. But that is an allergy not a virus .. %26lt;grinning>
No, but they can catch similar viruses and colds from other animals
The common cold and influenza virus found in humans cannot be transmitted to a dog, and vice versa. Dogs do get colds and ailments similar to influenza; those sicknesses can鈥檛 be transmitted to humans. What you CAN get from an animal can be frightening and lethal if you鈥檙e not careful. If you are bitten by a dog that has rabies, you can contract rabies yourself and will need to get a series of needles (12 or more) just ask my son or Ozzy . not fun.
no, the virus is only bound to the same species.
No.

No comments:

Post a Comment