Sunday, August 2, 2009

Can anyone donate a puppy?

I want to study to be a vet and i'm in high school taking a class that wants me to get myself an animal that i could train and show. I've been looking forever and no luck. i'd prefer a small dog but yet i don't have the money. I NEED HELP!! PLEASE
Answers:
How about volunteering at an animal shelter instead? A bit irresponsible of the school to ask you to get a dog when there are so many things that need to be considered.money, time, environment, other family members, etc.
I wouldn't get a pet if you can't afford it. It's a long term commitment and should the pet need medical care and you have no money you are going to be in some trouble. I would explain this to the teacher. I think its a bit rediculous that they want you get a pet for this reason.
Yeah, right. Being a vet has NOTHING to do with showing a dog. And no high school class is going to make you get a real animal for a class project.
Get a life!
Why would you need to show a dog to be a vet? Training a dog is another story, but this sounds more like somebody just wants somebody else to give them a small dog? One of the first things you would learn as a vet is that people who can't afford a dog can't afford a vet either.
try finding a shelter near you and doing foster care.its great, your helping an animal plus its helping you towards your career.good luck
Wow -- any high school class that requires its students to take on an animal life just for the purpose of a grade should be SHUT DOWN. When they want you to experience parenthood in Health Class they give you an egg or a sack of flour, not a live baby!

Living animals are not objects to be used once and disposed of! I 'd think -- as you are in a class for future vets -- that would be the first thing they teach! What about after the class is over? A small dog lives 12-17 years, and sometimes longer!

I'm not angry with you, but with your class admins and their curriculum. Were I you, I would protest.

Amazing!

ADDED: Hmm. Looking at the other answers, maybe you do have everyone going (well, at least me). I really do hope you're joking.
If you can not afford to buy or adopt a dog, how will you take care of the dog, volunteer, at the shelters and rescue and veterinarian offices as you will get more practical skill in a there then you will from having a dog.
I cant belive ANY school would want you to get an animal for a class project.why dont you tell your teacher that you will attend some dog training classes and volunteer at a shelter then write a paper on it complete with pictures..talk to a breeder in your area and maybe you could attend a show with them and even show one of their dogs in a class and write a paper or do a video of that..you dont need a pet if you cant afford one !

No comments:

Post a Comment