Sunday, August 2, 2009

Can a dog licking your feet heal them?

I read a story about a Native American who was tortured by having the soles of his feet burned by a fire till they blistered. He escaped and some wolves came up later that night and started licking his feet. They kept coming back every night for several days and licked his feet. After a few days, his feet healed. Can a dog/wolf licking your feet heal them?
Answers:
Dogs do have stuff in their saliva but their mouth is still germy. Not sure about your story you heard is true or not but it sounds like it isn't. I would just get some ointment.
no, because my cousin has a dog and when he got a wound and he tried to make his dog lick it it won't heal sometimes it causes infection to your wound and made it worse. did you know that dogs saliva has this bacteria because of the certain foods they eat.(THAT'S ONLY MY OPINION AND DON'T HATE ME)
There are some questions going around the lab that dogs mouths are actually cleaner than we think but there is no real way to find out unless you want to blister your feet and have a dag like it. It is most likely an other Indian fairytale.
did you ever hear of ointment i doubt it is true
I am not sure that a wolf or dog can come lick your feet and heal them. Maybe it is a myth.

What I do know is that the dog or wolf and all animals can sense when someone like the native American in the story is in pain. Animals come up to there owner and lick them or show signs of affectionate to make the owner heal. It is like a person trying to make another person feel better after something bad happened.
When I was pregnant, I developed a mild liver condition that made my hands and feet itch. I tried Benadryl, cortisone ointments, baby powder, everything in between, and nothing worked. Finally, one day I was laying on the sofa w/ my feet up, and my little Silky Terrier satred licking my feet. Well, the itch was gone and didn't come back for several hours! I think there's something to this. Dogs and other carnivores have certain enzymes in their saliva that help to break down proteins to help digestion. I believe that's what helps the healing process. It sure as heck made my last 6 weeks a lot more comfortable.
i have never heard this story before, but my dog licks my feet everynight almost. i have suffered with pains in my feet which the doctors cannot find a cause for and i hardly ever have them anymore. whether it heals or not i dont know but it sure feels good.
i've heard the same thing too.. dogs licking parts of your body can help to heal them faster
yes, their saliva can help heal wounds faster since it contains antiseptic. They can also tell if you are sick or ache and even where you are feeling the pain

No comments:

Post a Comment