Thursday, July 30, 2009

Both me and my dog have been sick with virus type symptoms and I just want to know if?

Could it be possible that my dog and I have the same virus because we have the same symptoms, you know, from both ends? It's been a mess. And no my dog and I don't do anything weird together.
Answers:
Yes, it is very possible.

Read

Dispatch

Human-to-Dog Transmission of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus.

at the link below
thats odd.did you both eat the same thing? like did you give him your scraps or anything?


hope you both get better =]
Yes. There is alot of sickness that animals and humans share. It is fairly rare for both to get the symptoms at the same time though. I would go into your doctor immediately to find out what it is. Take the dog to the vet. It could be nothing but it could be something big also. Cover all your bases.
No this is not odd or weird at all. Both are warm blooded creatures and am able to get the flu bug or a cold.or I bet a host of other things.
They did or do tests on dogs for medications, make up so on on dog for us. Hate that by the way!
Unless you gave yourself and the dog food posioning or samoniella poising, Viruses are mainly specie specificic. You can't catch viruses from each other, unless they mutated, like the chicken flu, I have yet to hear of a human virus infecting a dog and vise versa. It is flu season and it is likely you have the flu and if your dog is not vaccinated he may be very sick!
Yeah, it could be possible. Whenever I'm sick I try not to be too close to my dogs for fear of getting them sick. Sometimes you can pass viruses to your dog and vice versa.
There is a disease called giardia that is usually passed through feces but can also be contracted from infected water. I heard a story about a dog that had it and they would treat him but he would get it again and the vets could not figure out where he got it from. Someone finally tested the owners toilet and turns out the owner had it, dog drank toilet water dog got it..
Don't any of you dare say this isn't true because a vacc/drug rep told us this story!
You and your dog need to be checked out by appropriate doctors.
There are parasites that a dog can pass to humans or could be you are sick and your dog has something totally different if your dog has not had any vaccinations done by a vet and is vomiting diarrhea lethargic wont eat or cant keep anything done could be very ill with parvo virus I would take to a vet immediately

1 comment:

  1. Our vet said our dog could get giardia from infected water, and my mom had that once. I guess we were lucky our dog never seemed to catch it from her. He did drink out of the toilet sometimes, no surprise. My mom wound up in the hospital because her doctor took too long to diagnose her. Some vets are probably smarter than some doctors.

    ReplyDelete