Friday, July 31, 2009

Bully problems!?

My dogs Boomer [big shelter mutt] and [Baily purebred toy manchester champion bloodlines] They are both males and are neutered.Boomer always bullys little 4-pound Baily around.Boomer always stands on top of Baily.PLEASE HELP me and this BIG,BAD,BULLY!!
Answers:
This is just normal pack behavior. These two dogs are just establishing the pecking order within the pack. TO A DOG THIS IS NOT BULLYING. And is something they must work out on their own. As long as they are not hurting each other? Than I wouldn't worry about it to much. As long as they both realize that you are the Alpha leader of the pack. Let them be dogs. Because on their best day that's all either one of them are. (DOGS!!)
He might be trying to get your attention,dogs might be playful sometimes they might not know what they are or are not suppose to do so try scolding Boomer and see if he understands.if not try to separate both of them this is another alternative.
Boomer is the dominate dog in the relationship. With them both being males one still has to assume the role as the dominater and submissive subject. When boomer tries to stand on Baily Scold him every time. I have that same problem with my 2 dogs. Recently got a new puppy about 2 months ago and my Older dog tries to beat up on him. Every time the older dogs does something to the puppy I get in his face and yell no. Now he doesn't do it as much and they are basically like best friends now.
Its nothing more than dominance. You need to be vigilant and whenever the bullying starts you need to growl at the bully. YOU are the alpha dog in this situation. Once you have stopped the dominance of the bigger dog, he can then relax and be just that, a dog. My female has started that on my male dog, however every time she wants to "mount" him, I growl at her to stop. I can't say what goes on in the house when I'm at work, but it has certainly curbed her dominant behaviour. Good luck.
well call the dog whisper!

No comments:

Post a Comment