Wednesday, July 29, 2009

best dog food for shih tzu and pekingese?

i have a pekingese and shih tzu, and if u guys have toy breeds, what is the best dog food for ur pet. I used science diet and holistic recipe. what do u think of this brand? what do u think of eukaneuba small breed and royal canine?

what are its effect to the dogs, does good dog food really help? hope u can enlighten me, thnks
Answers:
You can go to petsmart. com. Go to the tab "Dog" then go to "food center" on the left side of the screen where it says shop by catagory. They will give you a healthy customized food reccomendation according to your dog's weight, breed, etc. I did it for my Golden retriver when, everything I bought he wouldn't eat.
do some research on food called biljack..it also cuts down on tard waste
Chinese food of course! Take out if they are in a hurry for curry.
I say feed a food that you can reasonably afford and what works for you and your dogs.

We feed Pedigree, but we also have 2 large dogs and 2 small dogs. It works for them, they are healthy and it's not terribly expensive. Some dogs do well on lesser foods, some don't. Our dogs get the runs from Old Roy, but yet my mother-in-law's dogs do not. So this is why I say feed what you can reasonably afford and what works for you and your dogs.

To andthentherewasyael,
How would you know how my dogs are on Pedigree? Have you seen my dogs at all? I assure you, that it works just fine for them. The two large breed dogs I have are a Siberian Husky and an Alaskan Malamute. The Malamute has been commented on how soft her fur is and how much it just shines and how healthy it is. Same with the Husky, their fur is healthy, they are healthy as are the two smaller dogs.

If you notice I said what works for you and your dog, if you tried pedigree and it didn't work, that doesn't mean that for someone else's dog(s) the same result will occur.
My mom had shih tzu years ago, she strictly used eukaneuba. Eukaneuba is rather pricey but it is well worth the money you spend. They used to have the age specific formula for the pup's. Once you pick one brand though you do need to stick to it.
BENEFUL HEALTHY DIET DOG FOOD,IT HAS DONE A GOOD JOB OF KEEPING MINE HEALTHY!
i have shihtzus and i use
Eukanuba small breed(is the one my shihtzu's loves best i guess it has great flavor lol )
natures choice
and nutro natural
OK. . everyone is VERY wrong..eukanuba is GARBAGE so is pedigree and all that other crap they sell that is all just corn. if you want your dogs to have a radiant coat and stay healthy.feed them either solid gold or nutro. they dont have any byproducts, preservatives, or fillers..heres the website so you can buy solid gold or nutro http://www.petco.com/shop/petco_productl. and please make sure your buying the appropriate food for your doggies weight..i assure you they are going to LOVE it.i have two very picky yorkies and they love it..
I feed my Shih Tzu with Bill jack and he loves it but it's a bit to pricey

No comments:

Post a Comment