Thursday, July 30, 2009

Blood in urine?

About 1 yr ago, my poodle started having accidents in the house. Her urine had some blood in it. I took her to the vet and he said that she had urinary crystals. He told me to give her more water and ha gave some pills for her. The pills didn't help, but after a while the problem seemed to go away.

A couple days ago my dog started having accidents in the house again. She's three yrs old! Today she is urinating blood. What is wrong with her? It must not be urinary crystals because she has plenty of water.
Answers:
Obviously, you want to take her back to the vet ASAP. Sometimes too much ash in a pets food, filler products can cause urinary problems. Best bet at this point is to let your vet rule out the simple things, then if that's not the answer look for other problems that could be present. Hopefully, it's something simple to fix this time. And since you know your dog will be prone to these kinds of problems, you'll want to google symptoms and get the heads up so you'll see the signs of distress before they become so pronounced next time. Good luck!!
She could have a urinary tract infection, colon cancer, a uterine bleed that is mixing with her urine when she pees. GET HER TO HER VET NOW.
Consult a different vet. That is so not normal.
I had a Saint Bernard that did that at my kennel and she had a urinary tract infection. Not crystals, just an infection like we get. Take her to the vet and insist that it is not crystals. If it was crystals eventually she would get blocked and have to have them removed like a cat. They will put her on some medicine and keep the water supply going.
Why are you wasting your time asking us? get her to a VET!
It could be cyctitis. You should take her to the vet, and they should check if she has an unusual amount of white blood cells, bacterias, protein etc. If your dog had cystitis once, she is likely to have it again. It is a normal disease in female dogs. Antibiotics for 2 weeks (twice a day) should get rid of it. To prevent it you could try giving her cranberry!
Well it sounds like urinary tract problems. You need to go to a vet and get the dog new food for urinary tract.
I would take her to a vet (a different one than the last)
my poodle had the same problem when he was about one, must be in the breed. When we took him to the vet, the vet said that he had a urinary tract infection. he gave us some pills and the infection soon went away.
that happened to my dog and the vet also suggested a different dog food since the food i was feeding him was cheap. i'm not sure how urinary crystals work, but with pills, more water and better food he's never had them again.
It sounds like something is wrong with her kidneys. There are many different things it could be. You need to call the vet asap. If you're not happy with your vet, then call around. Vets will give you free advice over the phone.
After reading some of the other responses I felt I NEEDED to give you an alternative answer. Please take your dog to the vet, it may be an urinary tract infection, as I thought with my own precious girl, but when I took her to the vet, it was much worse, she had bladder cancer. Please don't think it may be just an urinary tract infection as I did, by thinking that, it cost me my precious little girl, who died a very sick dog and it broke my heart to find out I waited too long to bring her in and it still hurts today to know that I let her down when she really needed me to be there for her. She couldn't make that decision for herself, she trusted me to do that and I let her down by thinking it was nothing serious. I will never forgive myself for not acting sooner, and with the girls I have now, when something is wrong, it's lickety split to the vet.no more chances. Please don't make the same mistake I did.take her in, it's worth it.at least you'll know for sure, and you'll know in your heart that you did the best thing for her. I sure hope she's going to be okay. Good Luck.
I HAD AN AMERICAN ESKIMO WHO HAD THESES PROBLEMS THEY TOLD ME SHE HAD A URINARY INFECTION AND PUT HER ON ANTIBIOTICS "IT WAS BLADDER CANCER" SHE HAD SURGERY AND ONLY LIVED 8 MORE MONTHS
FIRST GET ANOTHER VETS OPINION THEY CAN TEST YOUR DOGS URINE DO BLOOD WORK DO AN ULTRA SOUND ECT..
HAVE THEM CHECK YOUR DOGS KIDNEY FUNCTION TOO
PLENTY OF WATER AND A GOOD BRAND OF FOOD IS ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA FOR ANY PET
GOOD LUCK I HOPE YOU AND YOUR DOG THE BEST
take her to the vet right away
It could be a couple of things, my best advice to you would be to
get her diagnosed and treated by a vet. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment