Thursday, July 30, 2009

Blue Merle or Red Merle Aussie?

i don't know if i should get a Blue Merle or a Red Merle Austraillan Sheperd. can u help me please. it's just a survey.
i only want 2 chose between those kinds.
thanx a bunch!


1.Which 1 do u think is better? or u would favor.
2.Do they have different persinalities or does the color not matter?
3.Which 1 do u think looks better?
4.Which 1 would u buy?
5.If u have a Aussie can u put the kind (doesn't have 2 be a blue or red merle) %26 the name.
Answers:
I have a Blue Merle (Male) and his name is Bingo! He is three yrs old and I got him from a rescue shelter. He is the most wonderful, well-mannered dog. AND we don't have a huge yard, or any cattle.He is very happy being with us all the time inside! I take him for long walks/runs daily, and he goes with me everyday to pick up my kids from school! He loves to go for rides, he is protective of me with strangers and other dogs. He is protective of our home, but when I tell him it's ok- he stops. He is very intelligent, and training him has been extremely easy. He does require treats/toys that keep him busy. He loves his 'kong' toy with a treat inside it, that always keeps him busy, and so do rawhide type of chew treats. I brush him daily, (since they shed alot) and he's a good eater too!! They do require a fair amount of excercise and attention! He can't stand to not be the center of my attention! But I HIGHLY recommend Aussies!! (I am partial to the Merles!!)
I like the red merle aust. shep. personally.
The personalities are the same no matter what
I think the reds are cuter but the blues are more common in the show ring.
Personally, I find the Blue more to my liking.
Before you choose either, have you considered the yard size (preferably not too small) and the exercise (enormous) requirements of these dogs? They really need lots, and will fret badly and possibly become destructive, if they don't get it. Most people I know who have cattle dogs (though not farm hands) and who can keep them with them all day (eg, builders) find they're great. Not a good idea to leave them alone and bored, though.
I have had both colors and one or two of the tri colors, and regardless of the color, they are super dogs. The red merles stand out a bit more, and a solid red is a real eyecatcher. I have have a red merle right now named Sport. I had a red merle female named Shelia, a blue merle named Levi, and a Tri named Bubba. Good luck with your new Aussie!

No comments:

Post a Comment