Thursday, July 30, 2009

Best mutt in your world?

Mine was a Chow/Border Collie mix. He learned very quickly with minimal training and could go anywhere with me with or without a leash. He was passive with other dogs, never had an accident in the house, even as a puppy, and he knew right off the bat that he was no alpha and never tried to be one.

I adopted him from a shelter when he was a puppy. He didn't even have to spend one night there. I was there (just looking of course :) the morning he was brought in after being picked up as a stray. I truly believe that he was meant to be with me and I had him for 15 years.

I have two other mutts right now that are wonderfully amazing dogs, but no one will ever come close to my Chow/Border Collie mix.

What about your mutts?
Answers:
I breed large purebred dogs, but have always had a wonderful little mutt as a special buddy. Bitte is a Wire-haired Doxie/Terrier mix.I wouldn't trade her for any dog in the world..She is so smart that we have to spell many words to keep a secret..and she has learned several of the words when spelled!
She is such a good sport, that she loves to go on all day hikes in the woods, and, as I always get turned around, I count on her to get me back to the truck..Little bitty thing, and yet she swam across a river to get to me on the other side..
I have had so many wonderful mutts, but, as now I have Bitte, I think she may be my favorite.Of course, when I had the others, they were the favorites too! I wish I could keep them all forever.sigh
Thanks for the question, though.It brought all of my dear old friends romping through my mind..
Cattle dog/ border collie cross.. shelter adoption great with kids/ laid back.. Dosent bark in the house only at other dogs when out side..
Labrador Mix, he was my husbands when we first met, he hated most people, but he and I bonded immediately. He was a great dog, he has been gone 2 years now, and I still miss him.
I've got two. Lab/Black %26 Tan Coon Hound and a terrier mix
My little angel, is my dog Nikiah. She is a 3 year old Pitbull. I know everyone has such horror stories about pibulls, but i truly honestly think that my dog is different. She doesnt even know she is a dog.she is a person. She potty trained herself when she was a very young puppy, which i was grateful for, and she jumps up and rings the doorbell to be let in, and she can jump up and let herself back outside. She is very smart, and very spoiled. I also have an 8 month old baby. Nikiah is great with her. She will sleep in her room beside her crib, and she is always checking on the baby to make sure she is ok. I wouldnt trade my dog for all the money in the world..i think thats dogs are the only thing in the world who will love you more than they love themselves.
Poochie/cat/dachund/human/grea. dane/ dalmation..JK !He is the funniest looking mutt, but the best ive ever had.
My family got a mutt puppy when I was just 4 years old but I remember him very well, as we had him until I was 12. He was three-quarters lab and one-quarter collie, and he was great with my brothers and I, and very protective of all of us including my mother when my Dad was away on business. That dog would not let any stranger out of their vehicle unless my Mom or Dad said it was okay, and no, he was not mean and he never bit anyone. He'd also walk us to the busstop in the morning and come to meet us in the afternoon, and if anyone acted threateningly toward us he'd chase them away. He was a very patient dog with us kids. I have never had another dog like him.
I had a Labrador/Collie/Border Collie/ German Sheperd mix. His name was rufus =)
i have a dachshund and he is adorable. his name is max.
well, its very hard to compare, i had a belgium shepard/lab mix. she will always be my soulmate, and i miss her very much. i had her for almost 15 years getting her at the shelter when i was 7. she was my sister and we understood each other.

but.. my bf and i have a aussy shep/mixed with something. she is just so sweet and so amazing and it was fate that brought me to her and i know i was supposed to have her. but in all honesty, i think she is smokey reincarnated. the look she gives me is just dead on how smokey used to look at me. but she's only 5 months old, and we've had her since she was 8 weeks old, we even got her from the same shelter.
Mine was a GSD/Yellow lab mix named Nikki. She was the best. She learned so quickly and she adored us. She was the ultimate retriever and would play fetch for hours and hours. She loved the water and would actually dive down to retrieve something. She never would run when off leash and got along with other dogs. There was the one time she was framed for some chicken killings but I stand firm that she was indeed framed. I made the mistake of giving her up when I got married.

Notice to all women, if it is a choice between a man or a favorite pet, choose the pet. Honest to God they will let you down a lot less then the man will :)
chance, border terrier airadele mix cut-t-pie he's know as prancer for many reasons!! right chance. chance:Bark!!
Ours was a pound puppy named Ralph. No one ever really figured out what he was. He looked sort of like a cocker spaniel, but was the size of a lab. My son ADORED this dog and took him to a local "Dog Show", where Ralph was awarded the "Ugliest Dog" award. My son was broken hearted, but it's still a "Hallmark Moment" in our memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment