Friday, May 21, 2010

Can dogs & cats live 2gether?


Answers:
YES i have a dog and two cats that get along perfectly, one of my cats even groom my dog and vice versa.
why not
if they r together from early age
they can
yea and they can play together 2.
It all depends. Its best to nurture them when both are still young. But some dogs like huskies have the tendencies to chase smaller animals , so even the selection of the animals plays the part..
Definately, although usualy the cat is the master
yes, if they compromise
though natural prey and preditor, some can. my husband had a medium sized dog who loved all 4 cats that lived there, my grandmother had a toy poodle that loved cats. i'm sure even large dogs can. it just depends on that dog's personality and the cat's response to it. my sister has a jack russel and it depserately wanted to play with my cats but my cats wanted nothing to do with her because she was way to hyper!
it depends.if u keep them from a young age,then they r fine.but do not show more affection only to 1 as the other may get jealous and sulk or hurt u or the other one.
I have a 170 pound rottie that came into the picture of living with 3 cats at age 8 weeks, and trust me, she respects these cats as they have showed her more than once who is boss.
Just adopted a yr. old cat for my 3 yr old dog. Friday as a matter in fact. My dog is crazy about cats. Not all dogs are. Slow intro is key. And showing love to both is important.
Yes.If you introduce them at an early age.
yup they can..but they should be together from an early age.and should be used to each other
Yes they will live together in peace or they will avoid each other and not cause problems while they share the home.
no way!
Yeah, but you have to have the right dog and cat! A dog will learn that "this kitty isn't a plaything" if it sees that the kitty is part of your life; hence part of the pack. A cat can become accustomed to a dog if it sees that the dog isn't going away, and isn't going to attack it.
If u have them from young than it should not be a problem!

Wonder what species would appear once they. ;p
oh definitely.my neighbours have that setup functioning smoothly n there's no love lost between the two animals just because they are scientifically meant to share a hunter-hunted relation.
yeah they can.. my friend has two cats n a dog in her house.. n they r al livin happily together..
We are all living together, 2 dogs, 1 cat and 1 feret.
Certainly! I have both and they do well with each other. In fact I have 4 natural enemies, including a parrot and snake. They don't all intermingle, but civility is a keyword, tolerance at least. Once in awhile even abject interaction takes place.

Steven Wolf
Yes they can.If they can put aside their differences and live peacefully they will do perfect.I have a Husky and a Caico.They are the best of friends!
I have a Blue Russian and a Doberman and they live together just fine. Before them I also had a Hemalayan and a Boxer that slept side by side each other. So yes they can.
Of course. It all depends on the breed of the pets. My dog is too much of a chicken to bark at any cat, and if they're used to each other, they'll acccept each other.
Well I have 2 dogs and two cats. Oh and lets not leave out my fish. They all live together in harmony. Of course they need to get used to each other but you need to get used to any new family members and /or roomates whether they are feline, canine or human right?
I have 3 dogs and 4 cats. Two of the dogs are inside and one out doors. The 2 inside ones love the cats but the cats are not crazy about them.
I use to have a dog that just died this summer and he would let the cats sleep with him.
It is better if they are raised together also depends on the kind of dog or dogs that you have. My outdoor dog will kill the cats if the are outdoors.
yes i think they can because i have a 1 yr old Rottweiler x mastiff and his best friend is a 9 month old tortoise shell kitten but there are some dogs that just dont like cats but you can train them other wise. and if tyou want to train them you can look up some real good sites to help[
it often works well and then they will both have play mates
Yep, and they don't even have to be introduced at a young age if you are very careful about it. I introduced my 10 year old collie mix to two cats. He was very aggressive at first, but I gradually got him used to them by holding them while letting him stiff their backs, (not the head - you don't want them to have eye contact if aggression is a problem) putting the dog on a leash while the cat ran around, and generally getting him used to the cats while I was in control over the entire situation. Never was the dog left alone with the cats! Over time - it took me a month - he learned that the cats were ok and not to be eaten. At this point, my dog loves the cats and protects them just like any other member of the family. It just takes conditioning.

Meanwhile, my other dog took to them like them were long lost friends. All they do is play, play, play!
it depends how much love you give to them and how separeted you keep them apart. i have a friend who has a dog and a cat living ot geher and they are just fine the. make sure you dont have a house cat and a really playfll dog that might not work that much but nothing is impossible so just try
Of course, it just takes a little time but when they get used to each other they will play together and it makes for a happy family. Cats rule!

No comments:

Post a Comment