Monday, May 24, 2010

Can dogs have seizure's?

I have a 3 year old cocker. the other night he jumped off the bed in the middle of the night , hit his head on the dresser proceeded to run into the wall on walk into my coffee table. We don't know what
happpened or what to do.
Answers:
My dog used to have fits. It's pretty scary when it happens. The vet wasn't able to give me any advice only to leave the dog indoors because if it is hot and he had a fit he could dehydrate in the sun.
of course they can. Get the pup to the vet!
Dogs, cat %26 just abut any animal can.
yes dogs can have seizures. What I would say to do is call a vet and keep an eye on the dog.
Yes they can, especially after a head injury, any time a dog hits its head like that it can cause them to go into a sezuire like state, You do not have to worry about it happing again, like him seizing for no reason, as it was not a voluntary seizure but brought on by a head injury.
don't worry my dog done the same once and he was only having a dream and hadn't woken properly its scary i know but don't worry unless it keeps happening then see your local vet for advice.
Yes dogs can have seizures also. but in my experience the dog layed down just like us and started shaking n stuff. Just watch him and if he acts funny again then I would take him to a vet and get checked out.He probably hit the wall and coffee table cuz he hit his head on the dresser..L
my dog did he is dead (Really)
yes
yeah it happened my dog
she died :(
Typically, after a seizure the 'body' goes very limp, just like a noodle. During a seizure the brain is 'misfiring', so to speak, and after the seizure the body goes limp bcz the brain has to have complete rest. Does that sound like something she did after she ran around? Did her body go limp? I've seen quite a few seizures, but I don't have a medical license.

My strong suggestion to you would be to at the very least..call your veterinarian and tell them what happened. There is no way of knowing what's going on this way, and I know you must love your little dog alot. Run it past the vet. Good luck!
Yes, they can. They can also develop lesions in the brain that causes erratic behavior. Take him to the vet.
yes. my poodle has siezures. they can be triggered by small or large changes in daily routines. sometimes even for no reason. good luck!
yes they most certainly do. they can even have strokes and i think maybe your dog might have experienced one it might be good to have him vet checked to see if medication may be needed at this time.
My mother and father owned a dog that they just put to sleep recently. The dog would be doing nothing wether it be sleeping or just laying there and would go into a seizure. After about the third time they brought him to the vet and they ran some test and they found that the dogs brain was malfunctuning just like it does in humans. Well the vet gave my parents some medication for the dog just to find out later that they did'nt help very much. Unfortunatly it cost my parents thousands of dollars just to decide they could'nt put him through it any more physically, mentally or them selves finacally so they finally put him to sleep. The dog used to bounce himself of the walls, stove, fridge, table, windows it's just like when a person has one they loose control over there body.
Yes, I believe that a dog can have a seizure. But, I don't know if that's what your dog had. I would take him to a vet.
yes they can have fits an i dont want to scare you but get it to the vet as soon as possible.
i would back up the answers of anyone who said to take the dog to a vet. do it as soon as possible.
yes, dogs can have seizures, and since their communication skills aren't the best ! it could be very hard to know for sure if there are other problems, pains, etc. get a professional opinion!
Yes they can - Please get our dog checked out by a vet!

No comments:

Post a Comment