Monday, May 24, 2010

can dogs eat pork rib bones?


Answers:
Dogs will eat anything put in front of them. But bones from certain meats are not good for them. the bone splinters while in the dogs mouth, and he/she can choke on these small pieces.
i think they can
Depending on the dog and size of the bone, yes. Preferably the bone should be raw because cooked bones are dry and can splinter. Make sure the bone is not small enough for your dog to swallow.
some might, but i don't give my dog none of that food, i only give him dog food, bones, and treats.
We had a border collie that could safely eat a turkey carcass, but I won't recommend giving dogs any bones except those big donut shaped spine sections that vets will give you. Bone fragments can kill a dog!
NO, pork bones can easily shatter and the shards can cut the dogs mouth and throat.
I think they can because the dog that I have eat any kind of bone it could.
If you know what I mean
We let our dogs eat them only if they are cooked well (not too pink). It's the chicken that they can't have. What kind of dog do you have?
NO..especially if they're cooked.
cooking drys out bones and if your dog eats them they could splinter and punture something along the way in his digestive tract and this could be fatal! same goes for chicken, turkey and cooked beef.

they can chew on RAW beef bones if you're looking for a nice treat for him/her!
No spam please, Very indescent. I don't care how old you are and
how many kids you have anyway your just looking for trouble and
I'm younger then you I'm 31 years old. I have morals you don't .
Kids, teenagers could be watching this. Why don't you pray for a
man to come to you? The only thing your attracting is wierdos, and
sick O's. Is that what you want? Go ahead you may get killed some
day. Watch out.
Get a life will you? And no to your question.
NO!! Dogs cannot have pork or chicken bones. When they chew them up and swallow them they splinter and can rip the inside of their stomach, that will cause internal bleeding.
no!'I never give my dogs bones they could get choked the sharp ones are even worse; my poor cat got in the trash and got a pork chop bone stuck in the roof of her mouth;it really scared me when I SAW THE BLOOD ;and please don;t make the mistake of putting bones in the trash like I use too. 'your pets will sneak them out .
NO!!because the scraps on it can get stuck in her throut and she can choke!! keep my anvice
NO do not give your dog pork or poultry bone they will splinter, getting stuck in their mouth or throat. if you are going to give your dog a bone, a beef bone, good size is okay, but only under direct supervision by you, because they can still choke. if you want to give a good treat, give rawhide bone, or pig's ear, you can buy at the pet store. any treat you give your dog to chew should be under your watchful eye so you can help if they get into trouble.
My friend had a bull dog that absolutely loved rib bones. I thought it was bad at first (since she could have hurt herself) but I don't think rib bones splinter the same way chicken bones do. This bulldog never had a problem eating them .
some dogs will eat anything----better not to give any bones at all
That would not be something I would even consider giving to my dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment