Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bassett Hounds?

Does anyone out their have a Bassett hound? Our Bassett hound is 11 years old, we have had her since she was a pup. I worry that, I will come home from work someday and she will have passed on. Any suggestios on how I can stop thinking about that?
Answers:
This is a great suplement for the oldsters, that will help insure she has a good long life> http://springtimeinc.com/product/121/2.
Read the letters..they are for real..
Bassets can live until 15 years or more..
IF you find an answer let me know. Everytime my 15 year old looks a little too still, I'm over there prodding her - much to her an annoyance when all she wants to do is catch some ZZZs after having been playing on the beach all afternoon.

Bassets, unless having health problems, do make 13-15.
With my 11 year old dog, I just focus on enjoying the time I have with him rather than focusing in his mortality.
I had a dog who was 16. We just put him to sleep two weeks ago. He started having strokes and terrible health problems 9 years ago. I have a 36 year old horse that is near the end, because he can't eat hay any more and he won't make it through the winter. I have little Halloween sized candy bars for him %26lt;his favorite>. I worry all the time about my animals, generally when they have health problems. I try not to get compulsive about their deaths or health, just to do what is necessary.

Try to have the best time you can with your dog while you have him. Once he's gone, then think about loss. He's here now and still waiting to see you everyday. Enjoy it, he is! Think about bringing home a little treat or do a fun activity with him. Make more happy memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment