Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Beagle mix confused?

I got a puppy from humane society and was told it was a beagle mix. The only thing is he doesn't look like a beagle. He's white with black mask and gray spots that are little and close together. If you can tell me what might he be mixed with I will be very thankful.
Answers:
Like previously mentioned, Australian Cattle Dogs, %26 Great Danes can be colored like that. Blue Heelers, Pomeranian, and sometimes Shelties can also come in the blue merle color. Can you post a pic to help us determine the breed better?

*Edited to add* He is such an adorable puppy!! Now that I've seen the pic, I do somewhat see Beagle, but I also kinda see Border Collie. Maybe he's a Beagle/Border Collie?? or has Blue Heeler, cuz I kinda see that too. It's really kind of hard to decipher what a pup is mixed with though. Sorry I couldn't be much more helpful :)
the dogs that come in that pattern are Australian Cattle dog, and other collies, and great Danes..It is called blue merle..

Is he like these? http://images.google.com/images?hl=en%26amp;rl.
Hard to say without actually seeing it.
Could be part jack russell terrier. If he can jump 3 feet straight up, and bounces off the walls, it would be a good indication.
post a picture..and we can better help you.
From what I can tell he's small like a beagle, but has the markings of a blue merle. He might be mixed with more than two breeds. You might never really know until he becomes full grown, and then you can try to guess

No comments:

Post a Comment