Wednesday, July 29, 2009

bad peeing problem?

My dog is already one year old but when someone comes home and pets her, she automatically pees right on the spot. It gets really tiring because it's been a year and I don't know what to do. I know that when she was a puppy her previous owner's family would abuse her. Is that why she pees when she gets scared or even excited. I mean she has a serious problem and My family and I lover her a lot and we just want to help her cure her problem. I mean she pees when I say no, with a mean tone and when we come home and just pet her, she would pee. Thankyou and i hope there's a solution.
Answers:
Ignore her when you walk in the door and have her follow you outside command her to go potty then give her affection after she does. My dog used to do the same thing. Whether he was excited or in trouble this method totally helped me out. Yelling at the dog definitely does not help. Even give her a small treat for going potty outside.
Sounds like she is having bad bladder problems related to the abuse. My dog would do this too. Just remember not to get mad when it happens. Hopefully, she will come to realize you aren't going to hurt her.
Your dog could be scared. I would suggest to not yell and show the dog that it is not in trouble and it doesn't need to potty on the floor. I have a friend and when someone comes to her house her dog pees on the floor because it gets so excited to see someone new. Just show your dog it is wanted and loved and will never have to go through the beatings again
search 'anxiety urination in dogs.' it is common..and can be helped.
this nervous and excitement peeing will just go on its own , i owned a rottie he had the excitement peeing problem up until he was about four! there's nothing really you can do , try ignoring the dog when you first arrive home for about 5 mins until she has calmed down abit and is not so hyper, this worked for me!
This is called a piddle problem. I don't think there is any one cure. One thing you can do is ignore her when you first come home. Wait for her to settle down then call her to you. Another thing you can do is to use a kennel. This will help her to learn to hold it longer. There ia also piddle pants you can use. Good Luck and be presistant!
Sounds like submissive peeing to me. It's the ultimate gesture from the dog acknowledging you as the Alpha. You and your family will need to build her confidence up. Here is a quick article regarding submissive peeing. Yahoo! submissive peeing and a lot of articles will pop up.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/submissivepe.
This is quite common. Dogs urinate, crouch down, and lower their tails all to show submission. Your dog is saying to you, "Please don't hurt me, I respect you." I would try to immediately let the dog outside to potty as soon as you open the door. Than greet and pet your dog while it is outside with you. Then you can both go back into the house together, and the dog should be fine.
Great news there is a solution! It is called nervous wetting. When you come in the door try squating or kneeling not bending over the dog when you are greeting her. What is happening is she feels like she is "in trouble" when you stoop over her. Typical behavior of an abused dog. She will learn that you are not going to abuse her and the problem will resolve it in time. Try using hand comands as well as verbal. If the scolding tone is making her nervous start using hand comands with verbal. She will learn the hand commands and won't need the verbal cueing. However don't make sudden hand gestures or she may think she is going to be punished by being hit. Give her a lot of praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment