Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bad dreams about my dog dying. I can't handle this!?

Lately, I've been having a lot of bad dreams about my dog. I've had 5 or so nightmares of my dog dying of various causes - cancer, drowning, running away, my mom putting him down, old age.

I've had my dog for over 7 years and he's running strong. I recently left for college, but come home every weekend just to be with him. I think more about him than anything else!

Has anyone had similar experiences? (This always happens to me on vacations, going to summer camp, sleeping over at friends house, etc.)
Answers:
You are suffering from seperation anxiety. It's not to abnormal. I've heard of this before. Some people get so connected to there pets that just going away even for a little while can cause anxiety. It's usually because deep down inside you may feel guilty for leaving them behind. And the bad dreams are caused by these feelings of guilt. Don't worry so much! Reason? Dogs have unconditional love. They love you no matter how long you may have to stay away. You must realize. Dogs are primarily creatures that live in the moment and don't have incredibly long attention spans. I'm not saying that they don't remember. I'm just saying they live in the now and they don't have feelings of guilt that last for very long" Unlike humans" LOL! I want you to try an experiment for me. Go take a 15 min walk around the block without your dog and then come back in your house and watch your dogs reaction. Then the next time you have to be gone for school, @ a sleep over, or camping trip where your gone for an extended period of time. Then come home to your dog and watch his reaction. It's no different than when you took the 15min walk and came home. Dog's have almost no concept of time "Unlike Humans". Wether it's 15min or 15 days. He still loves you. And I'm sure your mom can see how much you love and cherish this dog. So I don't think she is going to have him put down. In fact she probably loves that dog as much as you do. Even if she won't admit it. Try keeping a pic of your dog in your wallet or maybe keep one in your dorm room at school. And every time you feel like your missing him look at the pic and remember that he is fine and is being well cared for at moms. And that he's gonna be so happy to see you and thrilled to play with you when your togather again. And if it's not to late and your sure it won't disturturb mom . Call and see how the big guy is doing. It will help put you at ease that he is ok. Good luck.
It's nothing more than a bad dream.
you're stressed out about something
Have you any reason for dreaming this? Is your dog ill?

maybe you just care for him a lot, and worried about losing him?

I am sorry to say you will have to face life without him one day, so make the most of him. I lost my dog when I was younger and it's never easy as they are a big part of the family.

Best of luck and treat Rex to a bone!
Ok honey you need serious therapy!
U r allowed to have a life your dog will be fine. I find i dream about things that im fearful of its just your mind working over time.
nothing I can do about it, maybe you should join a sport or club to keep you from thinking of him. Alot of the times when you think about somthing too much you get bad dreams
don't get me wrong but your talking about a dog . concentrate on people . dogs only live so long and they die. if you are so worried why don't you rent an apt. and bring your dog with you. maybe its guilt feelings of leaving it behind. but as i say its a dog.
I agree, you are worried about something and it's coming out in your dreams. Is school going OK? Are you having any problems with mom or dad? Brother? Sister? Your boyfriend/girlfriend?

You do have to face the fact that your dog will get old and will die. It's sad and breaks your heart, but it happens. Enjoy your pooch and the time it has left. If it's healthy right now and stays that way, you could easily enjoy his company for another 7 years or more. In the meantime, examine your life and try to figure out what's going on in it and causing you to have morbid, sad dreams. Good luck.
I think it is just because of your being seperated from him. You are worried about things that may happen to him while you are away. Just try to relax and trust your parents to keep him safe.
OMG, i have had a dream to like that.
my family was icefishing and my puppy fell threw the ice and i was sticking my hand down in the water trying to grab his caller, but i couldn't reach it.. and for some odd reason,
my dad was calling him a "chicken" weird huh!

well now to my advice:. it doesn't mean anything, its was just wat you were thinkin about right before you fell asleep, you may not realize it,but you r.
well hope those dreams go away. don't think about it anymore when you r getting ready for bed. um k
ps. and if you haven't realized it already part of it is lookin like u miss him while you r gone. am i right or am i right!
lol good luck

xoxo
I have had similar dreams about both of my dogs. When we were on vacation, we had a friend house sit and watch the dogs. I had a dream that one got out the front door and was hit by a car right in front of my house, it was very graphic and disturbing.

I think we just love our pups and can't imagine life with out them.

1 comment:

  1. this is for all of yall that were sayin there just a dog . NO THEY ARE NOT .. THEY HAVE FEELINGS TO.. IVE HAD THE SAME DREAM TWO TIMES ALREADY . ILL GOT STAY AT MY BOYFRIENDS HOUSE FOR ONE NIGHT AND ILL WORRY SICK BOUT MY DOG. ITS OKAY I LOVE MY DOG TO . I KNO HOW YOU FEEL.


    SARA N TEDDY

    ReplyDelete