Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bad for you dog dog treats?

I have heard that there are treats that are bad for your dog, and even that some of them have been found to have high amounts of poison in them..does anyone know what dog treasts they are?
Answers:
They're called Greenies. It seems that some dogs can handle them, but for others they can be deadly. Our dog is a black lab over 100 pounds who east just about anything, but there's no way I'd ever give her Greenies.

I've posted a few links below that you might find interesting.
I personally wouldn't feed my dog the Greenie treats. My sister worked for a vet's office and had some horrible stories about them. They tend to lump up once eaten and they had to remove a tennis ball sized lump of Greenies from a dog.that was enough to scare me away from them.
I dint, but i can give you 1 great brand. "liver biscuit" Is wonder full.
i dont know for sure but i do know anything made in the grocery stores is bad for animals, cats too. like meow mix, and stuff like that. if you can buy it at a grocery store, stay away rfom it. the best treats are from nutro (i am a big nutro fan) and stuff you can only get at real pet stores. in the stores its just fillers, by products and stuff like that..nutro is chicken meal, not by pruducts, meaning low in fat, not anything left over like intestines and all the bad stuff.
Dogs don't need or want "treats". Just give them the crap left over from dinner. They don't know the difference.
no
I know that chocolate is poisonous to dog. But other than that i believe all treats are good for dogs.
Greenies are compressed vegetable fiber. A dog can swallow a large piece and then it can rehydrate in the instetine and cause a major blockage that will require surgery - - They should be taken off the market!

Bad Greenie.Down boy!
i found a all natural product companion dental treats best thing i ever did for my dog. check em out!

No comments:

Post a Comment